EMTP 130 Clinical and Field Internship (12)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: EMTP 129
ADVISE: Paramedic student must pass final written examination and demonstrate clinical competency to be approved for field internship.
Paramedic program didactic review, simulation lab, and clinical rotations in emergency departments, operating room, labor and delivery, psychiatric emergency, pediatrics, intensive care unit and other settings. Prehospital field internship on an advanced life support ambulance is the final phase.
Formerly EMTP 110
Offered only in Summer semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Perform a comprehensive patient assessment on patients of all ages with a variety of emergency medical or traumatic conditions.
- Outcome 2: Integrate pathophysiologic principles into the assessment and treatment of patients of all ages with a variety of emergency medical or traumatic conditions.
- Outcome 3: Perform as a team leader in a variety of prehospital emergency situations within the scope of practice of a paramedic.
- Outcome 4: Communicate effectively and professionally in a community of diverse people and advocate for all patients.
- Outcome 5: Evaluate an emergency medical scene, patient condition, and treatment and transport options within the scope of practice of a paramedic.