EMTP 128 OB/GYN & Pedi Emergencies (4)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: Acceptance into Paramedic Program
Prehospital assessment and management of gynecological, obstetric, neonatal and pediatric emergencies.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Perform a systematic patient assessment used for evaluating pediatric patients of varying developmental stages.
- Outcome 2: Determine the most likely etiology of the obstetric and pediatric patient condition using information obtained from patient history, clinical findings, and foundational knowledge of pathophysiology.
- Outcome 3: Formulate a treatment plan for the obstetric patient, newborn patient, neonate, and pediatric patient in simulated medical and trauma emergencies.
- Outcome 4: Perform basic and advanced life support management of critical and stable patients with obstetric emergencies within the scope of practice of a paramedic.
- Outcome 5: Perform basic and advanced life support management of critical and stable pediatric patients within the scope of practice of a paramedic.