ELEC 102B Electronics II: Basic Digital Circuits and Measurements (2.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
This course covers Boolean logic concepts, flip-flops, memory, counters and clocks, display decoders and timers. The student will learn the analysis of digital logic principles by building and testing basic functional digital electronics kits.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Construct combinational and sequential logic circuits using integrated circuit chips and logic designers.
- Outcome 2: Construct a digital logic integrated circuit using a manufacturer's data sheet.
- Outcome 3: Analyze and troubleshoot digital circuits with modern test equipment such as logic probes and oscilloscopes.
- Outcome 4: Develop and construct simple electronic projects.
- Outcome 5: Relate voltage and current measurements of a digital circuit to the block diagram of the circuit.
- Outcome 6: Formulate a test procedure to analyze the operation of digital circuits.