ELEC 101 Electronics I: Essentials of Electronics - Measurements and Passive Circuits (2.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
This course covers the construction and analysis of basic electronic circuits including capacitors and inductors. Use of the multi-meter to measure DC and AC voltages and currents in resistive series/parallel circuits and the oscilloscope for AC, pulsed waveforms, phase, and time delay measurements. Use of computer simulation software (Multisim) to analyze circuits.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze circuit elements to determine voltage, resistance, current, and power through both measurements and theoretical calculations.
- Outcome 2: Operate standard bench type test equipment.
- Outcome 3: Analyze resistive and reactive circuits in DC (Direct Current), AC (Alternating Current), and pulsed waveform environments
- Outcome 4: Construct simple electronic devices and circuits using schematics.
- Outcome 5: Perform Frequency-Response measurements and data collections on constructed circuits.