DSPS 4101 Communication for the Blind
This class gives persons with visual disabilities the opportunity to interact with peers and participate in structured discussions, games and activities that improve or maintain skills in the areas of communication, problem-solving, memory, self-advocacy and self-expression and "brain fitness".
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate ability to respond with relevant comments to guest presentations
- Outcome 2: Identify components of successful aging/disability management
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate disability-related self-advocacy skills
- Outcome 4: Utilize community resources through effective communication
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate problem-solving skills through anticipation of challenges and consequences, exploration of alternatives and utilization of resources.
- Outcome 6: Practice auditory ""brain fitness"" exercises