DSPS 4023 Job Search Skills
Course designed for students with disabilities. The class emphasizes exploration of individual skills and interests, work options, communication skills and appropriate work behaviors. Small group work on developing attitudes, self-confidence, and competencies to locate, secure and retain employment.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe one to three interests and/or skills relevant to employment
- Outcome 2: Describe how skills, aptitudes, behaviors, and work or volunteer experiences relate to job objective
- Outcome 3: Identify networks and other sources of job leads
- Outcome 4: Participate successfully in a simulated interview
- Outcome 5: Describe and demonstrate appropriate professional attitudes, behaviors and work communication skills.