DSGN 110 Rapid Visualization (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
A freehand sketching course for the development of visual thinking, covering terminology, techniques and conventions for the rapid visualization of ideas. Hands-on practice with line, shape, form, perspective, lighting, shade and shadow.
DSGN 110=VMD 112
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Evaluate the application of rapid visualization techniques to ideation, design exploration and design presentation.
- Outcome 2: Employ perspective, lighting, shading, shadow, and other design drawing techniques.
- Outcome 3: Translate design ideas into sketches that use rapid drawing conventions.
- Outcome 4: Analyze and critically discuss the merits of a variety of visual approaches to meet design goals including concept drawings, diagrams and reference drawings.
- Outcome 5: Work individually and collaboratively to develop sketching solutions.