DSGN 105 Survey of Collaborative Design (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
A survey of influences and forces throughout history that drive change in design. Focus will be given to how collaborative processes lead to change. Students will research, analyze, and discuss design case studies and the benefits of design thinking when problem-solving.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Compare and contrast the areas of design, their interrelationships and processes.
- Outcome 2: Summarize and analyze the methods of collaboration through the ages and across cultures.
- Outcome 3: Evaluate various collaborative processes
- Outcome 4: Assess societal influences that drive design
- Outcome 5: Prepare case studies using the factors for analyzing collaborative design.
- Outcome 6: Collaborate on the research, analysis and presentation of a case study.