DMI 66 Clinical Education in DMI III (4.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Third semester of clinical education in a newly assigned hospital radiology department.
Open to accepted DMI or RTT program students only.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Relate theoretical principles of DMI to intermediate- advanced level clinical practice
- Outcome 2: Appraise communication models for effectiveness in relating to patients and clinical personnel
- Outcome 3: Model optimal patient positioning procedures to produce diagnostic images
- Outcome 4: Model optimal patient safety and care procedures in a clinical setting
- Outcome 5: Formulate optimal radiographic techniques to produce diagnostic images
- Outcome 6: Model optimal radiation safety procedures
- Outcome 7: Model compliance with DMI and hospital policies and procedures.