DMI 65 Advanced Imaging Procedures (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: Completion/concurrent enrollment in DMI 64
Fundamentals of Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Emphasis on patient reassurance and professional conduct.
Open to accepted DMI program students only.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Summarize significant operational components in CT and MRI scanners
- Outcome 2: Compare and contrast between the principles of physics related to the operation of CT and MRI scanners
- Outcome 3: Synthesize the components of CT and MRI scanners as they relate to safety precautions and protocols..
- Outcome 4: Model examples of patient reassurance and professional conduct
- Outcome 5: Examine image formation principles related to CT and MRI scanners
- Outcome 6: Evaluate anatomic images produced by CT and MRI scanners
- Outcome 7: Assess the contributions of professional organization to the radiologic technology disciplines