DMI 64 Clinical Education in Diagnostic Medical Imaging II (4.5)
Lec-35, Lab-17.5, Work-280
Credit, Degree Applicable
Second semester of clinical education in a hospital radiology department.
Offered Summer and Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Relate theoretical principles of DMI to intermediate level clinical practice
- Outcome 2: Appraise communication models for effectiveness in relating to patients and clinical personnel.
- Outcome 3: Model optimal patient positioning procedures to produce diagnostic images
- Outcome 4: Formulate optimal radiographic techniques to produce diagnostic images
- Outcome 5: Model optimal patient safety and care procedures in a clinical setting
- Outcome 6: Model optimal radiation safety procedures
- Outcome 7: Model compliance with all DMI and hospital policies and procedures