DMI 62 Clinical Education in DMI I (4.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
First semester of clinical education experience in a hospital radiology department.
Offered Spring and Summer semesters
Open to accepted DMI program students only.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Relate theoretical principles of DMI to beginning level clinical practice
- Outcome 2: Appraise communication models for effectiveness in relating to patients and clinical personnel
- Outcome 3: Model optimal patient positioning procedures to produce diagnostic images
- Outcome 4: Formulate optimal radiographic techniques to produce diagnostic images
- Outcome 5: Model optimal patient safety and care procedures in a clinical setting.
- Outcome 6: Model optimal radiation safety procedures
- Outcome 7: Model compliance with all DMI and hospital policies and procedures.