DMI 57 Multiplanar Imaging in Radiologic Sciences (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Anatomy from multiplanar perspectives as visualized on computed tomography (CT), PET, Sonography, and MRI. Imaging protocols. Comparitive analysis of CT, PET, Sonography and MRI
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Evaluate sectional images of various anatomical systems of the entire body to ascertain the location of vessels, muscles, skeletal structures and viscera.
- Outcome 2: Illustrate the flow of blood through various anatomical sections including the head, neck, thorax, abdomen, pelvis and extremities.
- Outcome 3: Appraise and compare different imaging protocols for the purpose of optimal anatomic demonstration
- Outcome 4: Analyze, compare, and contrast normal from abnormal anatomic structures.
- Outcome 5: Discriminate between optimal imaging procedures to demonstrate anatomy in a multiplanar perspective
- Outcome 6: Evaluate routes of administration of enhancing media, along with indications and contraindications for their use.