DMI 55 Skull Radiography and Research Project (2)
Lec-35, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Anatomy of the skull and facial bones, topical landmarks, radiographic positioning and technical factors, radiographic equipment and usage, pathological conditions.
Open to accepted DMI program students only.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Summarize standard terminology for positioning and projections of the skull
- Outcome 2: Relate anatomic structures within the skull and facial bones with positioning procedures for optimal demonstration
- Outcome 3: Assess and compare positioning considerations for routine radiographic procedures of the skull
- Outcome 4: Model optimal radiographic positioning techniques in order to produce diagnostic radiographic images of the skull
- Outcome 5: Synthesize positioning and radiographic techniques to obtain optimal images of the skull in the laboratory setting
- Outcome 6: Evaluate radiographic images for optimal diagnostic quality