DMI 51B Radiographic Exposure Factors (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Theoretical and practical application of exposure factors. Technical requirements in order to both produce and critique radiographic images for optimum diagnostic quality.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Summarize selection and utilization of exposure factors that will determine both the visibility and sharpness of detail on a radiographic image.
- Outcome 2: Evaluate the effectiveness of established formulas and guidelines that have been developed to assist in selecting appropriate exposure factors
- Outcome 3: Integrate principles of quality control to minimize patient exposure while producing an optimum diagnostic radiographic image
- Outcome 4: Integrate knowledge of anatomical and pathological conditions of a patient, when selecting exposure factors
- Outcome 5: Propose radiographic imaging critique methods by incorporating critical problem solving skills and addressing key questions regarding the diagnostic quality of a radiographic image
- Outcome 6: Propose technical changes when a radiographic image does not meet the criteria for a diagnostic radiographic image.