DANC 37 Feldenkrais for Dance and Performing Arts (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Instruction and practice in the Feldenkrais Method to address physical habits, movement adaptability, and specific performance skills for dance and related movement-based performance styles. Processes which enhance human expression through refinement of motor learning will be explored.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Apply the learning strategies of differentiation and reversibility in relationship to performance
- Outcome 2: Command stage as a soloist through spatial orientation and ground forces
- Outcome 3: Recognize and evaluate the impact of the individual's relationship to the environment of the play (who, is doing what, to whom, to what end)
- Outcome 4: Evaluate a performer's quality of movement as it relates to somatic experience and the expressiveness of their performance
- Outcome 5: Summarize benefits of the Feldenkrais Method for performers.
- Outcome 6: Apply principles for customizing a movement to accommodate individual structural differences or injury