DANC 34A Dance Conditioning (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
A class focusing on conditioning techniques that relate to the dance idiom. Emphasis on basic Pilates and body alignment exercises, flexibility techniques, as well as the integration of floor barre and resistance band exercises.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Define physiological efficient body alignment and its importance in dance technique.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate correct body placement and alignment in the performance of exercises.
- Outcome 3: Identify anatomical landmarks, postural muscles, and basic kinesiology principles as they relate to the dance conditioning techniques and exercises presented.
- Outcome 4: Examine breathing techniques to facilitate the execution of dance conditioning and body awareness exercises.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate core strength, flexibility, and movement efficiency by applying dance conditioning techniques and exercises presented.