DANC 155B Intermediate Salsa and Latin Dances (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
ADVISE: DANC 155A
or demonstration of exit skills
Explorations of various Latin-American dance forms with emphasis on Salsa. Students will learn to execute intermediate dance steps in Salsa and other Latin dance forms. Emphasis will be on social dances.
Formerly PE 560B
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate intermediate steps, step variations, and movement sequences presented in class of salsa and selected Latin American social dances.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate intermediate level leading and following techniques such as frame, connection, balance and momentum
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate an understanding of intermediate level musicality during performance of intermediate steps
- Outcome 4: Deduce which style of music corresponds with which style of dance.
- Outcome 5: Describe the historical development of each dance covered.