DANC 148B Intermediate Smooth Ballroom Dance (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Intermediate ballroom dance with emphasis on step patterns from the bronze and silver level American Smooth syllabus. The class will include a selection from Waltz, Foxtrot, American Tango and Viennese Waltz.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and perform at least two of the dances from the American Smooth Bronze and/or Silver syllabus with the correct posture fundamental to each dance.
- Outcome 2: Identify and analyze music for each dance.
- Outcome 3: Integrate balance, rhythm and coordination during the performance of each dance which includes syncopated movement.
- Outcome 4: Analyze and demonstrate silver level leading and/or following techniques for each style.
- Outcome 5: Discuss the historical development of each dance covered.