DANC 148A Beginning Smooth Ballroom Dance (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Beginning ballroom dance with emphasis on step patterns from the bronze level American Smooth syllabus. The class will include a selection from Waltz, Foxtrot, American Tango and Viennese Waltz.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and perform at least two of the dances from the Standard Bronze syllabus with correct posture fundamental to each dance.
- Outcome 2: Identify music for each dance.
- Outcome 3: Integrate balance, rhythm and coordination during the performance of each dance.
- Outcome 4: Analyze and demonstrate leading and/or following techniques for each style.
- Outcome 5: Discuss the historical development of each dance covered.