DANC 147A Beginning International Ballroom Dance (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
International ballroom dance with emphasis on step patterns from both the Standard and Latin Styles. Standard dances included are Waltz, Foxtrot, American Tango, Viennese Walt and Quickstep. Latin dances are Samba, Cha-Cha-Cha, Paso Doble, Jive and Rumba. A selection of dances to be learned will be from both styles.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate and perform at least four of the dances from the Standard and/or Latin Styles.
- Outcome 2: Analyze and perform the correct posture fundamental to each dance.
- Outcome 3: Identify music for each dance
- Outcome 4: Integrate balance, rhythm and coordination during the performance of each dance
- Outcome 5: Analyze and demonstrate leading and/or following techniques for each style
- Outcome 6: Identify and demonstrate correct ballroom dance etiquette.
- Outcome 7: Discuss the historical development of each dance covered.