DANC 146C Advanced Intermediate Waltz Styles (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
ADVISE: DANC 146B or demonstration of exit skills
Continuation of various waltz styles and techniques, including American Bronze, Silver, Cross step, and Viennese, will be examined through lecture and practice. Emphasis will be on advanced intermediate step patterns and combinations appropriate to each genre, as well as improved musicality, leading and following techniques, and styling expression.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and demonstrate advanced intermediate waltz techniques.
- Outcome 2: Describe and demonstrate advanced intermediate steps and patterns from waltz styles.
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate musicality through styling and phrasing that is appropriate to each genre
- Outcome 4: Apply and perform advanced intermediate leading and following techniques
- Outcome 5: Summarize the historical development in appropriate contexts of each dance.