DANC 145A Beginning Ballroom Dance (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Beginning and intermediate ballroom dance; emphasis on step patterns and dance positions for a complete range of dances.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate the basic steps and several variations among the following dances: Tango, Waltz, Foxtrot, Salsa, Swing, Rumba and Cha Cha
- Outcome 2: Identify music for each basic ballroom dance
- Outcome 3: Analyze the correct posture fundamental to each basic ballroom dance.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate basic leading and following techniques, notably the concepts of frame and connection
- Outcome 5: Discuss the historical development of each dance