DANC 140A Beginning European Folk Dance (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to various European Folk dances and their cultural/historical contexts. Partner and non-partner styles and forms will be examined through demonstration and practice. Emphasis will be on step patterns and dance positions appropriate within and between the nations that comprise the European Union and diaspora.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate fundamental folk dance technique
- Outcome 2: Describe and demonstrate the basic steps and formations from selected European nations.
- Outcome 3: Apply musicality which is appropriate to each dance style.
- Outcome 4: Identify courteous and appropriate behavior associated with traditional dancing, while demonstrating cooperation and consideration of others.
- Outcome 5: Identify the historical development of some dance styles, including current contexts