DANC 129B Advanced Beginning Jazz Dance (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Advanced beginning jazz dance builds upon skills learned in beginning jazz dance technique with emphasis on refining technique, increasing vocabulary, movement through space, and combinations.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and perform advanced beginning jazz dance vocabulary, combinations and technique.
- Outcome 2: Explain and demonstrate correct body alignment both static and dynamic as it applies to advanced beginning jazz dance sequences across the floor.
- Outcome 3: Identify and perform the progressive elements of an advanced beginning jazz class to build strength, flexibility, endurance, coordination and agility.
- Outcome 4: Perform advanced beginning jazz movement patterns emphasizing rhythmic structure and syncopation.
- Outcome 5: Identify and discuss important aspects of jazz dance history.