DANC 129A Beginning Jazz Dance (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Beginning jazz dance with emphasis on basic technique, terminology, dance combinations and basic rhythms of jazz dance.
Formerly DANC 130A
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and perform beginning jazz dance technique, vocabulary, and combinations.
- Outcome 2: Explain and demonstrate correct body alignment both static and dynamic as it applies to beginning jazz dance.
- Outcome 3: Identify and perform the progressive elements of a beginning jazz class to build strength, flexibility, endurance, coordination and agility.
- Outcome 4: Perform basic dance movements in conjunction with the established rhythm in the musIc.
- Outcome 5: Identify and discuss important aspects of jazz dance history