DANC 128 Contact Improvisation (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Contact Improvisation is a non-traditional approach to dance. Emphasis will be placed on improvisational movement techniques that integrate weight release, weight sharing, partnering and various choreographic techniques. Students will work independently, in duets, and in larger group configurations.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Discuss the history and development of the contact improvisation movement.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate control and regulate weight release on one's own, with a partner, and in the midst of a larger group
- Outcome 3: Create and analyze partnering exercises to enhance skill potential
- Outcome 4: Apply informed choices about engaging in partnered movement
- Outcome 5: Integrate improvised movement sequences with scores and choreographic forms