DANC 102A Beginning CCSF Repertory Dance Company - Local Theatre (1.5)
Lab-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Designed as an introduction to CCSF ambassadorial dance company touring. Students will learn dance works from faculty and guest choreographers. Touring venues include CCSF campuses and San Francisco Bay Area colleges.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and demonstrate the physical and psychological preparation needed to perform repertory.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate the skills necessary to work with a choreographer toward performance.
- Outcome 3: Describe historical and aesthetic influences of national and international dance pioneers related to choreography learned in class.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate the skills necessary to ""learn a dance"" for the expressed purpose of touring.
- Outcome 5: Evaluate personal and group performance of repertory.