CVT 210 Advanced Cardiovascular Skills (7)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Theory and practice in the classroom setting of exercise stress testing, ECGs, echocardiograms and stress echocardiograms. In the clinical internship, observation and participation of non-invasive cardiology procedures: ECGs, exercise stress testing, echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms, and Tranesophageal Echoes (TEEs).
Offered in alternate Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Integrate parameters of imaging techniques and instrumentation to complete basic cardiac ultrasound imaging.
- Outcome 2: Analyze and evaluate pulse wave (PW) and continuous wave (CW) measurements in the standardized valvular positions.
- Outcome 3: Integrate principles of patient safety, ECG interpretation, blood pressure monitoring, and clinical assessment into performance of stress tests.
- Outcome 4: Apply current techniques to performance of exercise stress echo while obtaining standardized pre and post exercise images within standard timelines.
- Outcome 5: Communicate effectively with healthcare providers during simulations and in the clinical environment.