CVT 210 Advanced Cardiovascular Skills (7)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Practice in the classroom setting of exercise stress testing, ECGs, echocardiograms and stress echocardiograms. In the clinical internship, observation and participation of non-invasive cardiology procedures: ECGs, exercise stress testing, echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms, and Transesophageal Echoes (TEEs).
Offered in alternate Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Set up and produce exercise stress tests in the classroom setting.
- Outcome 2: Interpret exercise stress test ECG results.
- Outcome 3: Select and secure echocardiogram using all cardiac windows and obtaining standard views.
- Outcome 4: Summarize appropriate pulse wave (PW) Doppler, continues wave (CW) Doppler and color flow Doppler interrogation to each echo view.
- Outcome 5: Calibrate measurements of all 2D images.
- Outcome 6: Evaluate the acquisition process of the echo images.
- Outcome 7: Integrate the coordination of a treadmill stress test and stress echocardiogram procedure.
- Outcome 8: Integrate the computer process for obtaining image analysis of stress echoes.
- Outcome 9: Prepare a comprehensive wall motion analysis, ejection fraction and stroke volume of a stress echo.
- Outcome 10: Compose computer interpretation for preliminary reports.
- Outcome 11: Demonstrate patient positioning techniques.
- Outcome 12: Observe non-invasive testing procedures at assigned clinical labs.