CS 260P Linux Administration Projects (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
This is a lab course to practice Linux System Administration in preparation for the industry-standard RHCSA (RedHat Certified System Administrator) exam. Virtual machines are used. It requires a firm foundation in the material covered in CS 260A
. Additional material adds depth in the areas of automated installations and security.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Create a custom kickstart configuration file to perform an automated installation.
- Outcome 2: Revise default parameters of the installed system using the post-installation script.
- Outcome 3: Design and test an automated kickstart installation over NFS (Network File System), http, or ftp.
- Outcome 4: Revise SELinux (Security-Enhanced Linux) file contexts and make the revisions persistent across restart if desired.
- Outcome 5: Revise PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) rules to customize standard authentication tasks
- Outcome 6: Solve time-constrained administrative tasks on a Redhat-like system using only local documentation.