CS 211S Advanced Java: Standard Edition (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduces advanced Java language features and packages that are essential for building Java Standard Edition applications. Topics include multithreading, collections, generics, Swing classes, lambdas, functional programming, and streams. Helps prepare students for industry certification in Java programming.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Create multithreaded programs.
- Outcome 2: Create programs using an event-driven graphical user interface (GUI)
- Outcome 3: Implement programs with input/output (I/O) functionality that read from and write to files and use exception handling
- Outcome 4: Create object-oriented programs that use arrays, data collection classes, and generic classes
- Outcome 5: Use Java 8 features including lambda expressions, functional interfaces, and streams to implement a functional programming approach