CS 211E Advanced Java: Enterprise (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Advanced Java 2 Enterprise Edition features of the Java language essential for building network and web oriented applications. Topics include JDBC, RMI, Servlets, JSP, JNI, JavaBeans, XML, and ANT.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Insert, update, and query data in a database using the classes and interfaces of the java.sql package.
- Outcome 2: Write Servlets and execute them on a server
- Outcome 3: Process HTTP GET and POST requests with a Servlet
- Outcome 4: Provide controlled access to a database using Java Database Connectivity and a Servlet
- Outcome 5: Describe how JavaBeans facilitate component-oriented software construction
- Outcome 6: Link beans through events using the BeanBox
- Outcome 7: Process XML data in a Servlet.