CS 211D Android Programming (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
ADVISE: CS 111B
or demonstration of exit skills
An advanced course in the design and development of applications for mobile devices running the Android operating system. Students will use the Android SDK to create programs including how to craft User Interfaces (UIs), create location-based applications, and access web services.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Create, design and debug applications using the Android development environment
- Outcome 2: Create User Interfaces (UIs) using controls, layout managers, adaptors, menus and dialogues
- Outcome 3: Utilize the distinctive capabilities of Android, including location tracking, maps, and Internet access
- Outcome 4: Implement Android applications incorporating activities, services, content providers, and broadcast receivers.
- Outcome 5: Describe the Telephony APIs used to handle telephone calls
- Outcome 6: Analyze Android's security mode
- Outcome 7: Use Media Player for playing audio and recording visuals for applications
- Outcome 8: Create animations using List View
- Outcome 9: Use SQL Lite for database storage