CS 178 Build Automation for DevOps & QA (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Development and Operations (DevOps) is the use of build automation tools to automate provisioning, configuration, monitoring, and management of data centers and networks. These same tools are used to automatically build and test software for Quality Assurance (QA). You will learn how to design tests and use tools like Jenkins to execute planned systematic actions that provide confidence in a software product under development, and its infrastructure.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Utilize the contents of a repository to build versioned production software.
- Outcome 2: Create an internal package repository from built software,
- Outcome 3: Perform continuous integration tests on the contents of a repository,
- Outcome 4: Implement, exercise and manage QA and regression tests for known defects and issues.
- Outcome 5: Eliminate unnecessary elements from production release candidates.
- Outcome 6: Manage version tags and branches to build specific software versions.