CS 160B Unix/Linux Shell Scripting (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Analyze, design, write, test, and debug shell scripts. Students learn basic shell scripting techniques and develop scripting skills needed for Unix/Linux System Administration courses. The bash shell is used.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Use command substitution to capture program output.
- Outcome 2: Use conditional statements to control the execution of shell scripts.
- Outcome 3: Write shell scripts to perform repetitive tasks using while and for loops.
- Outcome 4: Design and implement shell functions.
- Outcome 5: Identify and process command-line arguments.