CS 151B Oracle Database Administration (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
An advanced course in the architecture, design, configuration, installation, and maintenance of an Oracle relational database management system. Student will gain the knowledge and skills needed to administer an Oracle client/server database in an enterprise network environment.
Offered on occasion
This course helps students prepare for Oracle certification.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe the physical and logical components of an Oracle RDBMS (Relational Database Management System)
- Outcome 2: Install, upgrade, and configure an Oracle RDBMS and create databases and their objects
- Outcome 3: Manage and secure accounts and network access in Oracle RDBMS
- Outcome 4: Evaluate and tune system performance, usage of storage space, and user connections
- Outcome 5: Develop and implement backup and recovery plans