CS 142 Programming Techniques for XML (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Programming techniques for processing XML data. Comparison of programming approaches, including SAX, SAX-like, and DOM interfaces. Navigating, filtering, and modifying XML. Transformation of XML data. Use of XML with databases and serialization.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Read and implement programs that navigate, filter, and modify XML documents using DOM
- Outcome 2: Read and implement programs that navigate, filter, and modify XML documents using SAX and/or SAX-like interfaces
- Outcome 3: Compare and contrast DOM, SAX, and SAX-like interfaces
- Outcome 4: Evaluate and choose an appropriate XML interface for a desired programming language
- Outcome 5: Examine programming problems for the appropriateness of using XSLT to transform XML documents
- Outcome 6: Serialize data using XML, and use XML to configure a database.