CS 131A Python Programming (4)
Credit, Degree Applicable
ADVISE: CS 110A
or 111A or 113A or 130A or 160B.
Python is interpreted, interactive, and object -oriented. Recommended for general-purpose programming, system administration, or web programming. Write stand-alone programs that perform various tasks including manipulating numerical and textual information; accessing content in files; transferring information to and from web sites.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe the main features of Python
- Outcome 2: Write object-oriented Python programs using classes and objects
- Outcome 3: Describe the Python operators for manipulating lists, dictionaries, tuples and files
- Outcome 4: Create useful stand-alone and CGI applications in Python
- Outcome 5: Manipulate strings using regular expressions