CS 130A PHP Programming (4)
Credit, Degree Applicable
ADVISE: CNIT 132
or demo of exit skills; and CS 110A
or 111A or similar programming experience
Introduction to the open source Web scripting language PHP. Build dynamic Web applications. Semantics and syntax of the PHP language, including discussion on the practical problems that PHP solves. Write server-side cross-platform HTML-embedded scripts to implement dynamic Web pages that interact with databases and files.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Write PHP scripts to handle HTML forms.
- Outcome 2: Write regular expressions including modifiers, operators, and metacharacters.
- Outcome 3: Create PHP programs that use various PHP library functions, and that manipulate files and directories.
- Outcome 4: Analyze and solve various database tasks using the PHP language.
- Outcome 5: Analyze and solve common Web application tasks by writing PHP programs.