CS 112A Intro to Visual Basic.NET (4)
Credit, Degree Applicable
A beginning course in computer programming and problem solving using Visual Basic.NET. Students develop Windows-oriented application programs with emphasis on standard programming concepts and algorithms, interface design, and event processing using the .Net development platform.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Develop, implement, and test applications and analyze and correct errors, using the Visual Basic programming development environment.
- Outcome 2: Evaluate and implement application specifications.
- Outcome 3: Evaluate and criticize interface design and design interfaces and use forms and control objects for application programs in a manner consistent with industry standard design guidelines.
- Outcome 4: Design and implement console application programs and WinForm application programs using common controls and event driven processing.
- Outcome 5: Contrast and compare fundamental programming control structures, data types, data structures and algorithms.
- Outcome 6: Evaluate and criticize program design and code.