CRER 62 Successful Job Search Techniques (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
A comprehensive job search course that addresses skills assessment, generating employment options, hard copy and electronic resources and job postings, research techniques, traditional resume types as well as keyword scan able resumes and cover letters, and interview techniques. Emphasis on techniques to sustain healthy motivation for job search networking and development throughout life.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze paid and unpaid work experiences to classify skills into functional categories
- Outcome 2: Differentiate among job research techniques applied to on-line jobs, the hidden job market, and the visible job market
- Outcome 3: Complete a master employment application and participate in an employment interview.
- Outcome 4: Construct a cover letter and resume
- Outcome 5: Analyze learning opportunities gained from the job search