COMP 9938 Publisher for Business Desktop Publishing
This is a lecture and lab course which introduces students to the basic concepts of desktop publishing using Microsoft Publisher. Students will create business publications, such as, advertising, flyers, newsletters, trifold brochures, business cards, envelopes and letterheads.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify general desktop publishing concepts.
- Outcome 2: Name the publisher screen elements.
- Outcome 3: Use a publisher template.
- Outcome 4: Set up a basic document from scratch.
- Outcome 5: Format and arrange text and graphics.
- Outcome 6: Create and apply styles.
- Outcome 7: Work with a multipage publication.
- Outcome 8: Save publications as PDF and Web files.