COMP 9905 Intro to Windows for MS Office Applications
ADVISE: ESLN 5/6
An introduction to computer concepts and techniques for beginning computer students. Students will learn to use the Windows operating system to organize and manage data, resources and Office applications. A brief introduction of the Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access, and a unit on Internet and E-mail is included.
MICROCOMPUTER TERMS, CONCEPTS, AND WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Distinguish between application and systems software.
- Outcome 2: Manage Windows operating system.
- Outcome 3: Read, create and respond to E-mail documents and explore the Internet.
- Outcome 4: Use Microsoft Word to create, edit, save, and print a simple word processing document.
- Outcome 5: Open and review a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel and understand its application in business.
- Outcome 6: Open and review a simple database using Microsoft Access.
- Outcome 7: Create a simple PowerPoint presentation with graphics.