COMP 9900 Microsoft Excel for Business I
ADVISE: ESLN 5/6
A comprehensive introduction to using spreadsheet software to solve business problems. Students learn to set up, format, save and print spreadsheets. Additional topics include using logical and mathematical functions and creating graphs from spreadsheet data.
THOROUGH INTRODUCTION TO SETTING UP, FORMATTING, PRINTING, CHARTING, AND USING SPECIAL FUNCTIONS OF SPREADSHEETS. USING EXCEL 2013.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Navigate the Excel window
- Outcome 2: Use Tabs and Ribbon to issue commands.
- Outcome 3: Use a variety of techniques to select cells and ranges, and perform serial copies.
- Outcome 4: Create formulas to calculate values, using the proper syntax and order of operations.
- Outcome 5: Use Relative and Absolute Cell References in formulas.
- Outcome 6: Format worksheets using a variety of methods: Ribbon, Mini Toolbar, Format Cells Dialog Box.
- Outcome 7: Enter, format, and manipulate date and time data using appropriate formats and functions.
- Outcome 8: Modify column width and row height.
- Outcome 9: Manage multiple worksheets in workbooks.
- Outcome 10: Create, modify, fonnat, and style a variety of charts.
- Outcome 11: Preview and print worksheets.