COMP 9894 Microsoft Access Essentials
ADVISE: COMP 9905
or equivalent, ESL Levels 5/6
Microsoft Access Essentials I is an introduction to using database software and terminology. Students learn to create the structure of the database, create tables, queries, forms, and reports. Additionally, students learn to create relationships between tables, modify tables, design and establish query criteria, and customize forms and reports.
Offered Fall semesters
Creating and altering a database, searching techniques, creating reports, and querying data using Microsoft Access 2013.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Define an Access Database.
- Outcome 2: Enter and Organize Data in a Table.
- Outcome 3: Create Relationships Between Tables.
- Outcome 4: Manage Tables.
- Outcome 5: Design and Establish Query Criteria.
- Outcome 6: Perform a Query.
- Outcome 7: Create and Customize a Form.
- Outcome 8: Create a Report.
- Outcome 9: Modify, Filter and View Data.
- Outcome 10: Import and Export Data.
- Outcome 11: Print Tables, Queries, and Reports.