COMP 9245 Windows Essentials for MS Office Applications
ADVISE: ESLN 5/6
Essential computer concepts and techniques for the beginning computer user. Students will learn to use a Windows or Mac based operating system. Students are introduced to Internet and Email basics with an overview of business office productivity tools.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Distinguish between application and systems software
- Outcome 2: Use a computer operating system and manage folders and files.
- Outcome 3: Navigate the Internet using a browser.
- Outcome 4: Setup, create, and a simple send e-mail.
- Outcome 5: Edit and print an existing word processing document.
- Outcome 6: Open an existing spreadsheet and modify text and numbers.
- Outcome 7: Edit and add slides to a simple presentation.