CNST A Industrial Truck Training (0.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
This is a safety certification course designed to comply with OSHA's powered industrial truck regulations. Upon successfully completing this course students will receive a certification card good for 3 years.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Classify and describe the various types and styles of industrial trucks.
- Outcome 2: Compare operating characteristics of different manufacturer's equipment and class ratings as assigned by OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Administration).
- Outcome 3: Evaluate and demonstrate basic safe driving techniques for each class of vehicle.
- Outcome 4: Predict and differentiate trip and fall hazards related to the workplace.
- Outcome 5: Estimate load value in relation to equipment handling capabilities.
- Outcome 6: Identify work place hazards
- Outcome 7: Recognize and adapt appropriate equipment attachments for safe operation.
- Outcome 8: Perform pre-operational inspections on vehicles.
- Outcome 9: Arrange appropriate fueling and storage procedures.