CNST 110 Advanced Photovoltaic Installation (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
This course review the design, installation and maintenance of Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems. It brings together the Electrical Code, electrical theory, PV system design and best practices, and prepares students to take the NABCEP PV Installer exam.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Work safely with PV systems.
- Outcome 2: Conduct a site assessment for the maximum efficiency PV system location.
- Outcome 3: Select a PV system design incorporating selected system components.
- Outcome 4: Adapt the PV mechanical design to meet site needs.
- Outcome 5: Adapt the electrical design to be site and desired load appropriate.
- Outcome 6: Perform all necessary calculations related to solar power and electrical systems
- Outcome 7: Perform a PV system checkout and inspection
- Outcome 8: Maintain and troubleshoot a PV system.