CNST 107A Practical Blueprint Reading (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
This course teaches the basic skills of blueprint reading and specifications.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Understand the principles and plan reading of residential, and commercial construction drawings.
- Outcome 2: Use architect and engineer's scale to determine and transfer exact dimensions for all aspects of blueprint reading.
- Outcome 3: Interpret construction abbreviations, symbols, and composition.
- Outcome 4: Read and interpret floor plans, construction details, elevations, and building sections.
- Outcome 5: Convert and calculate construction units of measurement and solve related mathematics.