CNST 106 Fundamentals of the Uniform Plumbing Code (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Provides training in the requirements of the California Uniform Plumbing Code Title 24. Topics include general regulations, permit and inspection, residential plumbing systems, storm drainage, fuel piping, health care medical gas, mandatory standards, indirect waste, private sewer disposal systems, gray water systems.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Interpret the enforcement of code requirements on plumbing projects.
- Outcome 2: Design a drawing for a residential plumbing system to code standards.
- Outcome 3: Describe the theory of drainage and venting.
- Outcome 4: Interpret plumbing drawings.
- Outcome 5: Describe and relate the sequence of construction for a plumbing system.
- Outcome 6: Evaluate the application of different materials required by code standards.